Personal data refers to any information related to an individual through which he/she may be directly or indirectly identified.
Why do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is collected for a number of different reasons including:
- Verifying your identity and to avoid spams.
- Help you find suitable employment opportunities through our employers and vendors.
- Assist in various tasks pertaining to our rendered services.
- Help you avoid re-entering your contact details each time you use our website.
But don’t worry! Your data is safe under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act.
How do we collect your personal data?
When using our website or services, we collect and store relevant information about you through:
- Comments – Apart from the data shown in the comments section, we collect other relevant information such as IP address and browser user agent string.
- Media or information that you upload – Each time you upload any media to the website including images, videos, and other data, we collect and store it.
- Contact forms – We keep the contact form that you fill out containing your personal data for future reference. This includes details such as email address, name, contact details, and other relevant information.
- Embedded content from other websites – Our website may contain external media including images, videos, and articles from other websites. These sites may then collect your personal data when you visit them.
- Cookies – Cookies are set for a number of reasons to increase convenience and ease of use. Cookies will help us remember your login details after a few days or months so that you can avoid re-entering data each time.
How long do we retain your data and who do we share it with?
We maintain a strict confidentiality policy compliant with the Personal Data Protection Act and do not share your data unless it is required. We retain your data such as personal information, comments, metadata, and others indefinitely. You can view/edit/modify your personal information at any time through our website.
We may share your data with automatic spam detection services, analytics services, or with our clients/vendors/employers.
At any point in time, you may request an exported copy of your stored data and also ask us to erase it. However, this does not cover data that we retain for administrative, legal, or any other necessary purposes.
We care about your data
You don’t have to worry about the misuse of your personal information. We have strict security measures and data breach procedures in place to ensure that your data never falls into the wrong hands. We use your data carefully to help you get better employment opportunities, to help you gain useful insights, and for general analytical purposes.