- The System Engineer is responsible to support the production enterprise services, servers, virtualization platforms, and storage for the entire group.
- This role requires an experience operation engineer with in-depth enterprise technical expertise in order to operate our production systems, communicate, and collaborate with various IT team, project managers, management and business leaders.
- Provide sysadmin support for physical and virtual servers, data center, SAN Storage and Backup solutions.
- Operational support for various enterprise services like DNS servers, Active Directory Trusts, Exchange Server, Symantec EV and Secure Messaging Gateway Have a passion for automation, scripting, and delivering high availability solutions Monitor the system performance and capacity metrics.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 troubleshooting support, raise and coordinate support cases with vendors/principals if needed.
- Supporting multiple projects throughout their project lifecycle. Reporting and capacity planning to ensure optimal performance.
- Explore and propose potential improvement to architecture or process leveraging new technology for better performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Efficient maintenance of operation records for audit and analysis.
- Ensure compliance to ITIL service management best practices Identify potential risks and issues that may affect production systems.
- Ensure timely update, maintenance of system documentation including system recovery and DR document Tracking renewal of hardware, SW and professional services and maintenance agreements Working closely with support vendor to support the IT systems and application according to the contractual requirement. Ability to work on occasional weekends for implementation and maintenance as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in large and complex production systems environment with stringent SLA requirements.
- Relevant Certifications in Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE), VMWare vSphere Certification, ITIL and PMP certification are an added advantage
- In-depth Experience in PowerShell will be an added advantage
- Experienced in leading IT service support team
- Demonstrate advance technical skills in supporting and troubleshooting enterprise systems in operation, aware of current and emerging technologies
- Hands on technical and troubleshooting skills across multiple technology discipline – Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows Failover Clustering, x86 Linux platform, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Active Directory, AD Forest and External trusts, Exchange Server, SAN storage, Backup, High Availability System and DR readiness, Nagios monitoring tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and technical documentation, reporting skill, ability to communicate to non-technical stake holders.
- Good appreciation of ITIL Best Practices and compliance to audit requirements
- Ability to manage and prioritize own workload – good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new technologies