New Product Development Support:
- Utilize 2D, 3D, and full-wave electromagnetic field solvers to model connector structures.
- Utilize Iconsim, SPICE, ADS and other simulation tools to predict electrical performance of connectors, backplane links and cable assemblies.
- Work closely with product development engineers to refine concepts into product designs that are optimized electrically and mechanically.
- Design high-speed test boards for use in conducting electrical characterization tests.
- Perform high-speed/high frequency testing of interconnects using state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, including vector network analyzers, time-domain reflectometers, digital sampling scopes, and bit-error-rate test systems.
- Produce technical reports that document predicted and/or measured performance of products.
- Participate in project team meetings and ensure availability of all SI-related deliverables.
- Customer Support:
o Produce customer S-parameter models of new products.
o Perform SI measurements in response to a specific customer question or concern, within the timeframe promised to the customer.
o Perform SI simulations in response to a specific customer question or concern, within the timeframe promised to the customer.
o Develop customer simulation and test reports.
- Marketing and Sales Support:
o Produce S-parameter models of new products to support sales and marketing.
o Develop simulation and test reports to support sales and marketing.
o Develop technical presentations to support new product introductions.
- Capability and Competency Research and Development:
o Keep abreast of new technology and customer requirements via literature, patents and trade shows.
o Keep abreast of competitor’s technology via literature, patents and trade shows.
o Participate in competitive analyses via SI measurement and/or simulation.
- New Technology Research:
- Investigate the limits of new high-speed connector technologies.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or Bachelor of Degree in Electronics Engineering, Physics or its equivalent.
- 3 years of related experience preferred.
- Preferably with working knowledge/understanding of electromagnetics and have experience in designing, supporting high speed electrical interconnects
- Proficient in software tools, finite elements simulation of electro-mechanical interconnects.
- Proficient in mathematical derivation and modeling of electro-mechanical parameters.
13th month salary