He / She will maintain and monitor the performance and health of the live production systems. He / She will also be supporting the business users to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve production incidents that are impacting both our customers and business operations, and in the process, work with the business to identify potential enhancements.
On-the-job training will be provided. He / She will have the opportunity to work within a small agile team comprising of both business and technical staff. The environment will be fast-moving, and enhancements to improve customer experience will be rolled out quickly.
- •Work with business and IS team to define appropriate SLA for production incidents and service requests, so that issues can be resolved in a timely manner that minimizes impact to customers and business.
•Identify long-term resolutions to persistent production issues, in order to minimize impact and decrease daily operational work.
•Manage and establish strong working relationship with business user and vendor for the system(s) you are working on.
•Work with business teams to identify new opportunities/initiatives and provide a joint roadmap.
•Refine business requirements, propose innovative/efficient/quick solutions which will help to achieve tangible business outcomes.
•Perform technical impact assessment of new initiatives.
•Manage projects, coordinate and perform system integration and acceptance testing with business users and vendors.
•Provide full support until post go-live/deployment and ensure that Operations team is kept informed of the changes so that Operations team can provide effective support.
•Identify, communicate and drive improvement initiatives for the processes and tools relating to the role.
•Keep abreast of mobile technology and industry developments to ensure technical knowledge remains current to support the system(s).
•Participate in Proof-Of-Concept initiatives to identify suitability of commercially-off-the-shelf tools for the business and IS teams.
•Participate in audit activities.
•Be on rotation standby duty, if required, in the event of major business events or production downtime.
- • Degree in IT / Engineering related field with at least 3 years working in a Support or Services role
• Candidate with working experience in Telco environment would have added advantage
• Technical skillset preferred (not all mandatory)
- – IT and Web Service Protocols (SOAP, REST)
– Scripting languages (Python, Perl, BASH)
– OS and Programming (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Java, C++)
– Monitoring Applications and Visualization (Prometheus/Dynatrace/PRTG)
– Monitoring protocols (SNMP, JMX)
– IP network design (routing/switching, load balancing, resilience concepts)
– Cloud/Virtualisation (VMware, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes/Docker, Openshift, KVM)
– Apache Kafka and Apache ActiveMQ
• Good communication and interpersonal skills