Provide support to New Product Development Core Team, Process Engineering, Production, and other technical teams, and customers by advising in the areas of high speed reel-to-reel stamping, process and technology development, in accordance with department strategy and objectives. Define, plan, and execute new process/tooling deliverables, including DFM, PFMEA, simulation, and tooling buy-off trial runs. Communicate FAI/Cpk deliverables and Trial-Run results via reports and presentations.
New Product/Process Development
• Provide expert advice, actively participating in New Product Design activity on DFM, FMEA, design inputs, suggestion with respect to reel-to-reel progressive stamping tool.
• Perform new product design review, optimize stamping tool layout design, and provide stamping layout design to New Product Design team with intent on optimizing tooling efficiency and yield.
• Responsible for development of high quality stamping dies and processes that meet production, part quality and cost goals
• Follow up on Die design review and fabrication in accordance with development schedule to support product ramp up launch.
• Coordinate with tooling team for tooling Design, Debug/FOT and qualify the production tooling in accordance with OEE, Yield requirement and Die tooling transfer to production
• Coordinate with supplier for mold specification, quotation, review, follow up, FAI closure and other technical issues
• Document and update new tool design drawings, FAI/Cmk, and other tool buyoff trial run report. Publish key technical learning; publish recommended practice for future NPD risk reduction, FMEA.
• Constantly keeping abreast and exploration of new Technologies / Innovation in stamping tool; managing implementation into production for reducing cost, quality, and optimizing capacity.
• Support Stamping production in terms of Die/Tool improvements and pre-production runs
• Other duties as assigned by Management
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Tool/Die Engineering or equivalent
• At least 10 years of experience in Stamping Tool Design, fabrication and development of high speed reel-to-reel stamping tool for connector industry
• Procession of working knowledge and key know-how on latest new high speed stamping technology would be an advantage.
• Team player; must be able to synergize with New Product R&D team. Demonstrated past experience in solving challenging technical issue associated with complex connector manufacturing/processing.
• Proficient in 2D/3D CAD software and other software tool specific to stamping/tool/die development.
• Possess good knowledge in metal forming and die making / die maintenance
• Able to communicate effectively with cross-geographical supplier base in China; written and verbal.