The Senior Project Manager will manage and oversee a series of projects on big data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) from initiation to implementation, working with BI and Analytics team, Integration/ETL team, QA team, project members, data architects, and business sponsors and business representatives to jointly design, develop and implement the AI solutions. The Project Manager is required to plan, manage, execute and track the progress of concurrent projects, to bring the projects to their successful completion.
This role entails identifying and initiating opportunities across the Enterprise, building collaboration, and influencing strategic direction by raising visibility of trends and issues across the competitive landscape. The position requires a wide understanding new IT technology stacks and industry trends and practices.
Highly effective in engaging senior management, project sponsors in communication and collaboration across internal and external teams with demonstrated success, building strong relationships and delivering results in cross-group projects.Self-driven with a strong belief and growth mindset that Artificial Intelligence will have a profound impact for the good of the organization and is a rapidly growing technology.
• Own and be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring they are completed on time, meeting requirements and within allocated budget.
• Manage project lifecycle, from requirement, design, technical construction, testing, acceptance, training, documentation and implementation, in accordance with the organization Project Management Process and Methodology.
• Participate in pre-project activities such as estimation of project efforts, preparation of high level project plan with project timeline and resource requirements, and staffing and organization of project team.
• Plan, coordinate and communicate project plan, timeline and activities to the project team.
• Work closely with the group of key business owners and source systems SMEs, IT Risk & compliance, IT Security, QA on the agreed project objectives.
• Monitor and track progress of projects and stay on top of the projects to ensure smooth execution.
• Manage and coordinate project deliverables, ensuring their quality and configuration management.
Senior Project Manager
IT – Data-Driven Business
IT Transform & Enterprise Architecture / Group IT
• Analyse and highlight project risks and develop necessary risk mitigation plans.
• Analyse and highlight project dependencies to pre-empt project issues
• Maintain project issue register to keep close match of the project issues till their resolution.
• Manage performance of the project team, guide the project team in resolving issues, and resolve conflicts within the project team.
• Manage customer’s expectation by understanding customers’ needs and providing realistic expectations and scope of the projects.
• Manage and work closely with vendors, business partners and data centre involved in projects.
• Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level.
• Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level and PSC team.
• Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
• Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
• Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Certified Project Manager, either CITPM or PMP, with at least 10 years of experience in managing IT projects and software/application development lifecycles, Scrum Certified.
- Understanding all aspects of the software life cycle, using Agile or Waterfall software development practices.
Strong delivery management experience, with proven track records in managing and steering projects towards smooth execution and on time delivery.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with passion for making data-driven decisions.
Experience in use of project management and collaboration tools is required (E.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence, Jira Software, Kanban Boards, etc.)
- Knowledge of big data platforms and tools is required E.g. Hortonworks, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, etc
Knowledge of technology, tools and process related to data governance, master data management and data lineage is required.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, effective in fostering teamwork and managing high performance project team.
- A working understanding of Cloud computing, Data Science, and/or Machine Learning.
Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with current topics in big data / data analytics such as natural language processing, complex event processing, machine learning, computer vision, deep learning, supervised or unsupervised skills, OpenCV, tensorflow, dockers container management is desired.
- Experience or skill for software programing language for Java, Shell scripting, Python or Java Scripts.
High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.