Roles & Responsibilities
The candidate will assume responsibility for continued improvement or revamp (where deemed to be appropriate) of the E2E IS architecture of our solutions, systems and applications. He or she will collaborate with the rest of the IS organization (service delivery, security, solution specialists etc.) as well as vendor communities in transforming the existing solution architecture by providing thought leadership in the functional areas of the solutions. The design authority provides assurance that solution designs are fit for purpose, meets requirements and most importantly, integrates and works well within the complex enterprise architecture; failing which, he or she should seek to reject such proposed solutions (if any)
- Drive architectural design of systems and applications by reviewing what has been done in the past and making incremental or more significant improvements
- Provide architectural guidance and principles on the functional perspective of implementation; including subsequent impacts to support & maintenance
- Ensure up-to-date documentation of e2e solution blueprint
- Implement processes to ensure design authority governance over proposed solutions; including change
- management over transformation program scope
- Confirming that the overall design and project level ‘trade-offs’ shall deliver the benefits defined in the programme brief, and that the business will not be unduly constrained in further growth (change) by design decisions
- Collaborate closely with solution specialists to ensure strict adherence to functional architecture principles
- Innovation & strategy – Develop technology solution roadmap
- Advocate for adoption of new technology in applicable areas (incl. running POCs). Work with stakeholders on practical applications by business
- Consult and support BAU Application Development (AD) projects where requested changes impacts e2e architecture principles
- Specifically for this role, candidate to assume SME role for Mobile Converge Apps (e.g. OCS, IN, Network integration, Roaming etc.) and Campaign Mgmt
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Related Technical Degree with at least 6 years’ working experience in telecommunication industry.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in digital functional capabilities specifically in Telecom (not
- limited to eCommerce, mobile app, .com, shop apps etc.) Agnostic to software.
- Analysis and Design experience on complex ‘enterprise sized’ projects.
- Systems integration experience in complex environments involving CRM, EAI, Billing and their peripheral systems.
- Experience in different type of technology used in Infrastructure setup.
- Experience in BSS Transformation or significant upgrade projects.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment with large customer base and huge data volume.
- Able to appreciate E2E processes, systems and designs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively towards common goals
- Possesses effective planning and problem-solving skills
- Equally comfortable operating with both technology and business environment
- Highly motivated and open-minded for new technology
- Able to navigate difficult personalities and win over complex arguments with facts and reason
- Keen eye for details