Our client enables the process industries to create a sustainable present and future. Be a member of the team which pro-actively influences the Decarbonization and Digital Transformation of the Process Industries by enabling implementation of Simulation and Analytics technologies. The APAC Business Development Executive is the client expert within the APAC geo-market and acts in conjunction with the internal teams to set and execute the sales strategy for each client. He/she is responsible for co-ordinating the internal team to ensure the strategy is successfully created and executed and commercial targets delivered.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Meet/ Exceed sales targets for any given period (month/quarter/year)
• Build/Maintain Sales Pipeline greater than or equal to three times sales award target for given period (month/quarter/year)
• Ensure proportion of technology sales to consulting sales is in line with company objectives
• Ensure regular opportunity reviews (‘deep dives’) are carried out on all opportunities.
• Complete and maintain Opportunity Plans and Account Plans for all opportunities and key accounts within territory.
• Maintain accuracy of all information pertaining to opportunities/contacts/clients in CRM
• Create and execute the sales strategy for all existing clients
• Maintain existing revenue while driving new opportunities inside the current client base in order to grow the business and meet budgetary targets.
• Understand the business drivers and organizational structure of target clients
• Build strong relationships by working with senior level client contacts across multiple department
• Proactively collaborate with internal teams to shorten sales cycles, taking the lead as necessary, facilitate discussions between the client and internal teams where appropriate
• Create new opportunities by working with clients and internal product managers
• Create presentations, sales pitches and other sales literature for current and new client pitches
• Present to senior stakeholders within existing client base
• Collaborate and build relationships with the relevant company Sales teams.
• Monitor industry trends and activity and effectively communicate findings to relevant internal business and technical teams
• Map industry trends to business opportunities with each client.
• APAC regional cultural awareness, with SEA focus.
• Proven successful track record of selling industrial, preferably process simulation, software.
• Technical experience or Chemical Engineering qualification preferred.
• Experience in working in a client facing role and proactively managing client relationships
• Understanding of sales processes and opportunity management
• Proven ability to grow relationships within an existing client base at a senior level
• Proven track record of selling high value complex digital and simulation-based solutions to large organizations
• Presented to senior stakeholders
• Commercially aware with the ability to understand how individual and team activity impacts the bottom line
• Natural self-starter with extensive business contacts
• Team player who works collaboratively within the sales team and with other teams in the business
• Act as a role model for using company systems and tools
• Understands company vision and is able to translate it into a journey for themselves and team colleagues
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent influencing skills
• Demonstration of high quality of technical ability / competence / productivity
• Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
• Development and maintenance of good relationships with clients
• Develops and Maintains awareness of company Portfolio
• Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Coaches and Mentors
• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
• Be cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability
• High level of self-motivation and initiative
• Proactive personal development
• Ability to think strategically and work under pressure
• Delivery focused at all times particularly in the face of objection
• Professional attitude and projection of professional company image