The Program Manager will provide leadership and coordination of programs that are assigned to his or her designated manufacturing location. Will take the leading role as the focal point for all Engineering, Product Development, Launch and Production topics. The Program Manager will ensure that programs are well translated and conveyed to the Manufacturing Location, such that capabilities are matched, requirements are understood, and the project can be effectively and efficiently developed and launched into production at the manufacturing location. The Program Manager serves as the Single Point of Contact between the Manufacturing Location and the Product Design and Development Location (up to and including, but not limited to Plant Management, Engineering Design and Development, Operations, Logistics and Sales). The Program Manager must be experienced and effective at facilitating interface between global teams in worldwide locations, in different time zones, with diverse cultures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCY
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in the Automotive or related Industry
- Strong product development experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- APQP experience – from Initial Concept/Design transmittal to Production
- PPAP experience
- DV/PV experience
- A thorough knowledge of basic concepts, LEAN / Continuous Improvement (C.I.) principles and practices and established manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to manage project details while keeping the overall project scope tantamount
- Manages multiple OEM Production Projects from start of program through Launch and beyond
- Provides project coordination and leadership in a cross-functional and multidisciplinary team
- Serves as liaison between Design and Development Engineering team and the Manufacturing
- Reconciles the Project Schedule to the Manufacturing schedule to ensure proper coalescence
- Assists in tracking all customer owned tooling and other assets
- Coordinates interface between Product Design and Manufacturing teams to ensure that the design is manufacturable according to Manufacturer’s capabilities
- Ensures the proper scheduling of all Manufacturing builds as required by Project Schedule.
- Serves as key liaison between customer Product Design, Manufacturing Location and Local Suppliers when needed.
- Effectively communicates project status and proactively manages risk
- Oversees Change Management relative to Design and Process Changes within the life of the product
- Assists with and Coordinates Customer Visits, Reviews and Audits.