This position will be based in Singapore to use their specialized knowledge to maintain an efficient procurement system to supply cost effective materials and services to support the company’s operations.
• Support the procurement function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations. Act as an interface between suppliers and relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
• Maintain system integrity of supplier’s info in the ERP system, such as items suppliers connect, purchasing agreements and supplier basic data like MOQ, order multiple, purchasers responsible and supplier maintenance.
• Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down, new programs and improvement opportunities or mitigate the risk.
• Create and review opportunities on alternative materials and or suppliers to meet the business unit objectives in procurement activities and deliver best values and business savings.
• Collaborating with our technology to understand our company needs as well as work with our existing/new suppliers to determine company strategic alignment.
• Understand the trend of raw material / feedstock related, update the information to commercial team, provide analysis on costs, new and cost savings activities. Develop strong partnership with suppliers.
• Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers, provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost to achieve savings. Establish r/s with suppliers to leverage the needs in term on tight supply situation as well as to be ahead of the market requirement.
• Contribute and communicate the impact on Procurement activities to new business initiatives and projects. Involve in Global procurement project activities.
• Assess and evaluate supplier’s performance reviews, compiling data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
• To audit supplier supply capability and quality standard when required. Maintain proper documentation in accordance with ISO procedures.
• Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / Material Science or other relevant discipline
• At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field
• Possess very strong sourcing skills.
• Accountable team worker, proactive, problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of organization and suppliers.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work productively and collaboratively with multi-functional teams to achieve business goals.
• Candidates with good raw material commodity price trend analysis will be at advantage
• Fluent in English for handling English speaking people