- Provide integration design leadership and reviews, ensuring that the integration solution adheres to integration architectural standards, meet the e2e functional solution design and addresses business requirements
- Provide guidance to design, development and production support teams on the technical perspective of implementation and maintenance of integration solutions delivered. This also includes other Business led IT teams, Network OSS systems, third-party vendors.
- Able to effectively manage conflicts and provide expert recommendations, balancing trade-offs between technical & functional integration design, e2e solution design, business priorities & legacy limitations, ensuring close-collaboration with the Business – be the internal consultant & Subject Matter Expert in the Integration domain to our business users;
- Participate & provide thought leadership in tender evaluations (where required)
- Evangelize & enforce overall integration architecture standards & strategy, i.e. delivering towards a microservice integration architecture; ensure API rationalization, reusability & scalability; fulfilling non-functional requirements – e.g. SLA timing, logging, exception handling, achieve decommissioning of legacy disparate integration applications
- Ensure APIs & integration design is compliant with company corporate policies, especially security, data protection, audit related policies.
- Document and maintain the integration solution blueprint & roadmap documentation; including any certification plans (e.g. MEF SONATA, TMF etc.)
- Implement processes to ensure integration design authority governance over proposed solutions; including change management over transformation program scope
- Advocate for adoption of new integration related technology in applicable areas (incl. running POCs). Work with stakeholders on practical applications by business
- Be intimately familiar & passionate with modern integration technologies & practices such as
- Microservice architecture, API management practices – in both internal & external API exposure, data streaming technologies, modern big data integration techniques;
- DevSecOps/DevOps practices & tools, agile delivery for integration;
SOA/integration design best practices for complex IT ecosystem comprising of hybrid on-premise, multi-cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) & 3rd party systems.
- Able to see processes, systems and integration designs E2E
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively towards common goals
- Possesses effective planning, problem-solving & conflict management skills
- Equally comfortable operating with both technology and business environment
- Highly motivated and open-minded for new technology
- Able to navigate difficult personalities and win over complex arguments with facts and reason
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Related Technical Degree with at least 8-10 years’ proven experience as Integration Architect and deep hands-on experience in API design, development & maintenance.
- Experience in telecommunication industry, with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in digital technical & functional capabilities specifically in Telecom.
- Systems integration experience in complex environments involving CRM, EAI, Billing, Network OSS and their peripheral systems, based on microservice architecture.
- Experience in delivering BSS Transformation or significant upgrade projects.
- Experience in TM Forum frameworks & Open API standards; knowledge with MEF LSO SONATA API standards is a plus
- Experience working in fast-paced environment with large customer base and huge data volume.
- Experience in RedHat Open Shift platform would be a plus