The primary purpose of this position is to achieve the company’s objectives and maximise sales and margin by making timely and informed price recommendations through the use of relevant tools and analytics – working between the sales and product teams to achieve the best possible price and a win-win situation for all stakeholders.
The Analyst will deliver quotes and contracts within the pricing guidelines and governance for their allocated regions and customers.
This position acts as a price escalation point and requires frequent collaboration across sales regions, business units and pricing team colleagues. Must work cross functionally but is also able to make the right decision to ensure timely implementation and turnaround of quotes and contracts within the agreed service levels.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO BE ACCOMPLISHED:
- Review, analyse and implement pricing for quotes and contracts.
- Prepare contracts through data analysis and working with multiple stakeholders to finalise the contract pricing proposal ready for negotiation and final implementation of contracts into the Model N system.
- Execute consistent pricing to local and global customers and channel partners and implement stretch pricing targets to drive high performance.
- Ensure service levels and KPI’s are achieved to target and ensure monthly reporting is communicated across various levels throughout the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with pricing guidelines and governance covering quotes and contracts.
- Pro-actively identify and recommend improvements to existing pricing processes, policies, system enhancements and other areas to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Act as the price escalation point in the allocated region for the sales, GSAM and product functions.
Gather competitive data, track and understand the competitive pricing environment.
- Working across a complicated, cross functional global organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Data and systems.
- Achieving the highest price the customer is willing to pay whilst balancing the different expectations from multiple stakeholders.
- Ensuring service levels are achieved against demanding customer requirements.
- Understanding the market demand and market price.
- Linking profitable opportunities to capacity available.
EDUCATION (Qualifications obtained in the course of formal education and/or training)
Diploma / Degree (Business/Finance/Engineering)
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Expert in Excel.
- 10 years of working experience in the electronics industry, preferably the connector industry.
- 3 to 5 years of pricing experience.
- Systems – experience of Model N revenue and pricing management system.
- Experience of Qlikview and Business Objects required.
- Degree (Business/ Finance/Engineering),
- Results orientated and able to take ownership and use initiative, meeting deadlines and working in a fast paced environment
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical ability.
- Must demonstrate effective negotiation skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of working in regional or global pricing teams.
- Must demonstrate collaboration skills, team working and influencing skills.
- Results orientated and able to take ownership and use initiative; meets deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Eager, diligent and can work independently.