To provide the skills required to setup, support and maintain LAN & WAN, perimeter security, remote access, communication technologies and monitoring solutions etc. The roles include monitoring, fine tuning and working with support vendors to optimize and troubleshoot network and telecommunications solutions in globally.
In addition, to be part of escalation team to provide support to global datacenter in Singapore including internal and external connectivity requirements globally during and after office hours.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO BE ACCOMPLISHED:
He/she is expects to perform daily operations and support for network and telecommunications solutions in company. Providing reporting and support to problems reported.
Project Support – To provide support and information for projects. To work with supervisor on solutions required to support and ensure smooth project implementation and application delivery to users.
Global Network Operations Support – To follow the operational processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of the network. To participate in 24X7X365 second level support team. The team supports the primary and disaster recovery data center for company covering operational support for all regions (AM, EU, AP).
Maintain relationship with external support providers and act as the first point contact regarding technical issues.
Networking – To support and maintain of all Corporate WAN and working with all providers to follow up and troubleshoot issues. Including Local Area Network connectivity & wireless network. Managing of IP routing and addressing within the network. Support and maintenance of SD-WAN and optimization solutions. Manage and maintain remote access solutions equipment for and service providers.
Monitoring – To provide support and management of Monitoring systems and provide reporting as required on system and network performance. Working with external support service vendor to maintain an effective escalation and alerting process according to company infrastructure processes. To produce monthly report on network utilization and performance as well as maintain updated documentation for WAN and LAN solutions.
Security – To maintain and administer firewalls and rules in line with corporate policies and standards. Including administration of external vendors and customers’ strong authentication & authorization security solution according to policy. Support and maintain outbound internet access with firewall & proxy with company guidelines and controls. Support and maintain antivirus and antispam solutions according to company guidelines.
Communications – To maintain and support company on PABX setup and configuration in line with company network requirements for integration with corporate VOIP using Global MPLS. Including maintenance of IP PABX & IP Phone at Singapore HQ Office. Act as contact point for working with VOIP provider for setup and troubleshooting of VOIP issues. To setup and maintain Audio and Video Conference solutions. Coordinate for Mobile subscription and Mobile devices setup for Singapore Offices.
EDUCATION (Qualifications obtained in the course of formal education and/or training)
Diploma or equivalent (Technical Certification in networking added advantage, e.g : CCNA )
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Hands on experience in network routing and switching using Cisco devices.
- Hands on experience in site-to-site and remote VPN implementation. ( SD-WAN an Added advantage )
- Knowledge and hands-on of corporate firewall management.( Fortigate and Palo Alto an Added advantage ),
- Knowledge of Monitoring systems ( Nagios will be an added advantages. )
- Hands on and knowledge of networking protocols and technologies like : VLAN, IP subnet, routing, SNMP, RADIUS, VPN, QoS etc.
- Windows Networking knowledge. e.g : DHCP, DNS, SMTP, VMWare, LDAP etc.
- High degree of enthusiasm, commitment and initiative – self-starter.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Must be a good team player & work closely with reporting manager.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and available for support during non-standard hours.
- Possess positive attitude to learn new skills wherever required.