• Assessing Problems
o Providing software application support and performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
o Monitoring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications based on automated tools for performance metrics adherence.
o Work with cross-functional teams in Infrastructure, Security and other teams to assess the problem effectively.
• Identifying and Assessing Technological Solutions
o Collaborate with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
o Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
o Propose workaround solutions until the permanent fixes are deployed.
• Maintaining Records and Writing Reports
o Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
o Documenting processes and developing reports for customers across the business.
• Support Role o Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
o Develop knowledge articles for frequently occurring issues.
• Software Enhancement
o Perform L3 support including Software development and maintenance in terms of implementing enhancements and defect fixes.
o Maintain and improve the performance of existing software for production environment
• General Skills o Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
o Ability to own tasks and think critical during crisis
o Willing to learn and collaborate with various stakeholders.
• Recognized Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering/Computer Science or a relevant discipline.
• At least 2 years’ experience in embedded software development and support with good working knowledge in object-oriented software development using C/C++/Java in Windows, QNX, Unix or Linux platform.
• Experience in software development involving
o web application development in Java, using Spring framework and interfacing with database using JDBC and SQL.
o Object-oriented software design and UML modeling.
• Good knowledge in Windows Server and proficient scripting skill in PowerShell is highly desirable.
• Experience in Incident Management and ITIL process.
• Conduct trend analysis and provide appropriate support and input to product teams.
• Aggressively monitor and respond to incidents generated by stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Resourceful and self-motivated team player.
• Data Analytics and Data Visualization skills will be an added advantage.
• Added advantage if candidate is familiar with one or more of the following technologies: