Main Accountabilities / Tasks:
- Monitor supplier performance in accordance with the contract requirements and key metrics of quality, cost, and on-time delivery and communicates non-performances to the operations and planning functions of the affected division.
- Responsible for analyzing the Approved Supplier List, (ASL) to recommend suppliers to be added/ removed from the ASL.
- Tactical duties include but not limited to support product launches, maintain price lists in the operation system, invoice payment verification, RFQ’s, pricing analysis.
- Execute the supplier sourcing strategies on key commodities as directed by the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Seeks new suppliers for assigned commodities and initiates requests for quotes, performs cost analysis, Supplier Assessments, Supplier Performance, for total cost comparison.
- Uses analytical and qualitative methods to analyze market commodities. Analyzes industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues, minimize risk, and exploit emerging opportunities.
- Analyzes supplier technical capabilities, manufacturing limitations, and capacity and matches the preferred supplier to meet the required Casco specifications.Acts as the Purchasing representative for compliances of IATF Certification, as well as Product Stewardship compliances of Conflict Minerals, REACH, RoHS, and other compliances as required.
- Participates in annual budgeting costs to support Casco Divisional cost reduction budgets.
- Has a clear understanding of the latest purchasing techniques of quote analysis, should-cost analysis, VA/VE analysis, and market awareness of raw materials.
- Publish monthly reports as required
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of working experience, in the purchasing function / supply chain
- Automotive background of TS16949, IATF Certification requirements, PPAP, controls plans, FMEA’s, and APQP.
- Good knowledge and expertise within the plastics, metal, and electronics commodity
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in QAD ERP system a plus
- High level negotiating competence
- Can apply principles of financial analysis and capital project justification, life cost analysis, rate of return, economic profit, should-cost analysis.
- In the organization, a team player with good communication skills as well as excellent planning and follow-up skills
- Must feel confident and enjoy an environment based on honesty, openness, and high team spirit.
- A structured and systematically working personality with focus on high quality and with high level of personal capabilities. Gains the respect and confidence of piers
- Tactical focus, what is good for business short term and provide a continuous improvement plan.
- Highly accomplished at facilitating problem solving activities.
- Strong communication skills, capable of making high level Power-point presentations
- Takes initiative without being asked