- Active contributor in the development of a highly scalable e-money system
- Work with fellow engineers, product managers, and business owners in the team to ensure requirements are sound and are met
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains
- Suggest architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Build and maintain tools and processes to ensure high transaction and system integrity.
- Keep pace with the developments of financial technology in the region
- 2+ years of relevant backend engineering experience, familiar with MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Laravel, or Java Spring
- BS/MS Degree in any relevant major (ex: IT, Computer Science, etc) OR a proven track record in software engineering
- Vast knowledge of rapid development of products
- Experience with SQL, database design, and tuning of database performance
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Familiar with Git and GitHub
- Evidence of understanding system design
- Evidence of ability to maintain and scale a system.
What we are looking for in you / Ideal profile.
- You have a passion for solving technical challenges, as this role is highly focused on building frameworks and engineering a reliable backend system
- You value high standards because you believe by holding each other accountable to a higher standard, is the best way for everyone to grow!
- You love sharing your knowledge and what you think is best for the team, because you believe in elevating everyone in the team, instead of just yourself.
- You can take care of many stakeholders that interact with your teams or products.
- You need to be challenged consistently or frequently enough so that you are always growing to be a better version of yourself.
- You are a self-starter and able to work efficiently without the high management overhead.
Nice to haves
- Took an important technical role in a high growth startup
- Evidence of ability to be able to think from product and engineering point of view
- Audit, accounting, and reconciliation of financial systems at scale
- Developed a zero-downtime system
- Knowledge in money, blockchain, and breakthroughs in financial technology
- Managed complex sequences of third party integrations