The Assistant Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of the accounting function and internal controls/procedures.
At the heart of the Assistant Finance Manager job is the ability to determine the best use of resources to achieve business objectives. He/she is expected to produce regular reports using financial data, and work collaboratively across the entire finance team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO BE ACCOMPLISHED:
- Lead and supervise a small finance team on day-to-day operations
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting function and internal controls/procedures
- Responsible for the month end closing activities as well as financial and
- management reporting (month-end close actuals and forecasts, and annual budget)
- Respond to financial inquiries from regional finance/management
- Review GST and annual tax filings to IRAS
- Assist with year-end financial audits and the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory finance statements.
- Ensure corporate governance & controls including compliance with SFRS and US GAAP
- Ad hoc finance process & reporting improvement projects
EDUCATION (Qualifications obtained in the course of formal education and/or training)
Degree in Accountancy or ACCA/equivalent.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- At least 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Abreast of industry updates.
- Prior external audit experience preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous, analytical and strong in Excel
PERSONALITY TRAIT :
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Meticulous, pro-active with initiative.
- A Team player.
- Possess a pleasant personality.