Job Title: Accounts Payable Executive
Overall Purpose of Job
• Oversee the accurate and timely processing of 3-way match of purchase orders/delivery orders/invoices, non-PO purchase and staff expense claims.
• Oversee the timely, complete, and accurate processing of payment cycle and the payment instruction file interface from Peoplesoft and HSBC; MUFG Bank.
• Liaise with Accenture to ensure payments documentation is complete and payment runs are completed on schedule.
• Support the PTP process lead with onshore PTP activities and SSC initiatives as required. Train and guide PTP team on coding and GST matters.
• Maintenance and review of vendor data records.
• Review of vendor forms and ensure process are duly completed for approval and issuance.
• Ensure all AP accruals are timely processed during closing.
• Prepare month end closing exchange rate reports
• Review of weekly bank balance with RTR Team.
• Update of Leases to Inner visions and Leverton (online platform) and process monthly recon.
• Update of leases details and co-ordinate with operations for insurance updates.
• Review of monthly bank reconciliation after closing as per CMC compliance.
• Review of accrued income supporting during closing and after closing.
• Oversee the effective implementation of 3-way match of purchase orders/delivery orders/invoices, non-PO purchase and staff expense claims.
o Non-PO expense – provide authorization and cost center coding to Accenture through workflow system or advises of corrective actions through workflow system
o T&E – update the authorization / approval matrix on a timely basis
o T&E – where required, submit approved and coded expense claims via ERP or standard manual form
• Update and review of coding sheet timely to ensure correct coding for PTP further handling.
• Oversee and ensure proper authorization and cost center coding for non-purchase order invoices to Accenture through workflow system and/or advise corrective actions through workflow system.
• Provide support to weekly ad-hoc payments that must be dealt with in SG.
• Main custodian of HQ petty cash float. Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of petty cash floats in various SG offices.
• Identify the critical types of expenses that would impact the operations and co-ordinate the direct debits and standing orders through the banks.
o Reviews direct debit report and update Accenture of any change(s) that are required.
o Receives and comments on un-reconciled direct debits standing orders, providing actions required to resolve to Accenture.
• Ensure that the process performance of a specific set of PTP activities meet set SLAs or reverse SLAs.
• Responsible for company’s Payment and Remittances process; managing and executing payment runs with Accenture.
• Ensure that Accenture maintain the vendor master database with timely submission of vendor master maintenance form whenever there is any new/amended information relating to the vendor.
• Review of Statement of Accounts reconciliation and follow up with operation and supplier to ensure timely payments.
• Review and provide month end accruals submitted by operation and PTP team for closing. Ensure completeness and accuracy for timely closing.
• Provide guidance to suppliers for timely e-submission of invoices.
• Update of month end exchange rates.
• Ensure timely updates of leases on online platform and perform monthly reconciliations.
• Review of weekly and monthly bank reconciliation submitted by RTR team.
• Review of withholding tax receipts updated by OTC team and ensure completeness.
• Supports PTP lead by providing PTP process reporting and analytics reporting.
• Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with vendors to ensure that PTP documentation requirements are met, and payments are processed in a timely manner.
• Builds relationships with counterparts working for Accenture, onshore team, operation personnel and external stakeholders.
• Update of leases onto online website.
• Ensure month AP accruals are duly recorded for month end closing.
• Review and update of latest vendor maintenance as per CMC.
• Audit check for accrued income.
• Provide support to manager in charge for ah-hoc duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Possess good knowledge of accounts payable process and accounting skills.
• Exposure on electronic processing of PO, non-PO invoices, claims and disbursements.
• Possess good problem-solving techniques to deliver the desired results.
• Able to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive, dynamic, and self-driven with good personality; must be receptive and adapt quickly to change(s).
• Possess computer skills (MS) and Peoplesoft knowledge (an added advantage).
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Educational Qualification and Work Experience:
• Diploma of accountancy with 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable processing, paper and electronic disbursements and some accounting experience in handling accruals and reconciliations.
• Experience in vendor communications and liaison with third parties.
• Experience of working in a shared service center environment and working with multi-site personnel.
• Experience of working in a Business Process Outsourcing context would be a plus.