Our client is a young established trading commodities company, wholly subsidiary of one of the business entity of a global Fortune 500 Asia Conglomerate group. They are primarily engaged in trading of refined base metals (Copper, Zinc, Nickel, Aluminum, Tin) oil and petrochemical products and has plans to develop our shipping logistics arm to support the group’s physical trade flows as our market share expands in the Asia Pacific region. Their customers consist of many of the global major companies such as Jinchuan, Mercuria, Trafigura, Noble Group, PetroChina etc.
We are seeking for an Accountant to join their company.
- Handle full set of accounts.
- Physical and Hedging knowledge.
- Ensure that AR, AP, bank reconciliations, journal and general functions and prepare monthly Finance Report.
- Manage inter-company transactions and reconciliations.
- Prepare withholding tax e-filing.
- Assist in liaising with external auditors, tax agents and professional advisors on related matters.
- Prepare Company budgeting.
- To perform other tasks as assigned by Department Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Manager specialized in [Specialization] or equivalent.
- Experience in the commodities industry and commodities trading background.
- Some China Accounting Basic knowledge and China enterprise experience.
- Highly organized, meticulous and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication in bilingual, Mandarin to liaise with mandarin speaking associate
- Interpersonal skills
- Good team player with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
- Computer skill Microsoft word n excel knowledge is required.