1) Perform high-level review and provide value-add to the work to be given to clients.
2) Provide good client service ensuring clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries.
3) Ensure all communications with clients are supported by e-mails, outlining agreed action steps, responsibilities and deadlines.
Business / Management Activity
• Responsible for ensuring that commitments to clients for listco and private limited are met with the utmost professional standards
• Responsible for ensuring client management, client retention and client base expansion. Responsible for overall client servicing of the team and accountable for any jobs lost due to controllable reasons, e.g., poor client service
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of existing and potential clients, their industry and key contacts
• Meet prospective clients and prepare fee proposals, including follow-through until the job is accepted (or rejected)
• Responsible for billings and WIP. Oversee credit control and prompt collection of debts for respective portfolio of clients. Work with Finance to follow-up on outstanding and doubtful debts, in order to increase collections
• Review fee and propose fee increase where appropriate
• Oversee preparation and co-ordination of the statutory books and documents, including submission of statutory forms and documents to the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and Inland Revenue Authority (IRA). For listed companies, necessary submission to, Stock Exchange and The Central Depository within the stipulated deadlines.
• Oversee daily operations of the respective team members and ensure all communications with clients are supported by e-mails, outlining agreed upon action steps, responsibilities and deadlines
• Participate in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and comparison with previous budget / forecasts.
Function – Specific Activity
• Identify and recommend improvements to current policies and procedures, processes and client servicing arrangements in line with current business and regulatory practices and in line with industry practices.
• Assist the Director in daily operations both at a local and regional level
• Assist Director in strategic planning, recruitment and development of business unit’s performance. Contribute to the development and implementation of quality management strategies and plans (including resources, systems, timescales and financials)
• Undertake regional responsibilities, including developing regional businesses
• Add-value at Managers’ meetings and assist Director in following-up assigned action items in a timely manner
C. People Management Activity
• Manage a team in the most efficient manner
• Involved in formal technical training for corp sec staff
• Provide and organize training for other department’s staff on updates in the Listing Manual, Companies Act and/or Stock Exchange other rules which may impact other departments
• Groom, coach and train Managers to enable them to carry out their roles effectively and efficiently
• Identify a successor in line with Company’s for succession planning development and invest time in providing leadership training and mentoring
• Work with support departments e.g HR, IT on any new related initiatives. Example: Implementation of software for innovation to improve productivity
• Provide staff with regular feedback and evaluation
• Proactive in staff recruitment, development and career path planning
A minimum of twelve years of relevant and related working
Minimum of an ICSA qualified Chartered Secretary or holds an LL.B degree or equivalent related qualification.
Expert Experience in below skills
Knowledge of Listing Manual
Knowledge of Companies Act
Knowledge of relevant stock exchange Rules
Knowledge of Securities and Futures Act
Minute taking skills
MS Office Skills (especially Word)
Competent in below skills